Thursday, September 23, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Thank You Berry Much

IMG_2944
Cati tried blueberry for the first time on Monday and she seemed to really like it. This is the first fruit I feel like she's reacted positively to right off the bat. It also solidifies my thoughts that Cati may not like things that are too sweet, like pears. Another interesting development is how messy Cati has gotten with eating. Before she wouldn't get any food on her and most of the food remained in her mouth, now food gets everywhere and I pair of her white pants have been permanently stained by carrots.




Blueberry Sauce
Source: Cooking for Baby by Lisa Barnes
Makes

2 cups blueberries, fresh or thawed

Place blueberries in food processor and purée until smooth. There will be small pieces of peel in the purée. To remove them, put the purée in a sieve over a small bowl and push the purée through with a rubber spatula.

Note: You do not need to add anything else to this. I love that! I added a bit of cereal to thicken up the sauce the first time I gave Cati blueberries. It thickened up to a yogurt-like consistency after being refrigerated and didn't need anymore cereal. 

The players. 
Blueberries
The sauce. 
Blueberries
The baby. 
IMG_2950
Stephanie