Thursday, September 16, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Chicken & Biscuits Attempt

Chicken & Biscuits
I tried to make Alex classic comfort food. Maybe I tried a little too hard because I didn't get what I was expecting. Granted, it was all my fault because I've never made or even had chicken & biscuits so I didn't really know what I was doing when I made this dish. I tweaked the recipe a bit, added more flour because I thought the chicken mixture was too runny, I took out 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture to make some future food for Cati (every time I cook I put some aside if it seems like something she might like when she's more advanced in her eating), and I used pre-made biscuits that hijacked the dish. The dish was good but it was more like biscuits with a side of chicken. Oh well, at least I tried.
Chicken & Biscuits

Not Really Chicken and Biscuits
Source: Adapted from All Recipes (here)

1/4 cup butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup chopped carrot
3/4 cup corn
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chicken broth
1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded (I boiled it in water seasoned with garlic salt)
Salt
Pepper
2-4 pre-made, refrigerated biscuits

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.

In a skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Cook and stir the garlic, carrots, and corn in butter until tender. Mix in the flour, sugar, and salt. Stir in broth, and bring to a boil. Stirring constantly, boil 1 minute and then reduce heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 5 minutes, then mix in chicken. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish. Top with biscuits.

Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the biscuits are cooked through. To serve, spoon chicken mixture over biscuits.
Chicken & Biscuits
Stephanie

No comments: