Thursday, September 2, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

{Julie} Project Empowering Motherhood

PEM Logo
Today we hear from Julie, the incredibly talented mother behind ZozoBugBaby. Not only does Julie sew up some of the prettiest and most eye catching outfits I have ever seen, but she's also a pretty awesome photographer (learned in a blackroom!). Whether it be with fabrics or photos, she has an eye for beauty. I mean, her creations simply beg to be photographed and that's probably why they have been photographed by so many people. Take a look at her blog, etsy store, big cartel store, or Facebook page and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.  I mean, just look at these beauties:


How stunning are those outfits? Here are Julie's answers:

1. One ugly truth about motherhood. : There are times when you YEARN for the days of child-free living.

2. What does motherhood mean to you? Motherhood for me is about raising good citizens of the Earth. It's about imparting what life has taught me, blended with the freedom to let children explore the world around them, while providing a safe and loving environment to call "home base". I want my girls to have the passion of exploration, appreciation and respect for all cultures and ways of life, as well as compassion.

3. How has motherhood empowered you? Motherhood has completely taken me out of myself. Having children forces you to experience the world differently. I am definitely tougher and more open. 

Thank you Julie for allowing us to own a piece of your creativity. Your girls are lucky to have you as their own personal seamstress! If you are ever in search of models in the South Florida area you know where to look and you definitely don't have to ask twice :)
 

Project Empowering Motherhood is an ongoing series in celebration and honor of Cati's 6 months. For my responses to the questions and more about the series, go HERE. To read Jenn, Melisa, Esther, Andrea, Jenny, Jen, Mollie, Jamie, Charlotte, Erika and Shari's answers, go HERE. If you are interested in participating and being featured on the blog send your answers to the three questions to steppystar@aol.com. 

No comments: