Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

I Can Eat Meatloaf for Days

I am not kidding when I say that I can eat meatloaf for days. I recently ate meatloaf for 3 days straight. THREE DAYS. It was all I had for lunch and dinner for 3 days straight. Sure I had mashed potatoes as a side, but for half of my meals I just ate meatloaf. The recipe was delicious I figured I'd share it with everyone :)

Home-Style Meat Loaf
Source: Cooking Light (here)

3/4 cup ketchup, divided
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats

1/4 cup minced fresh onion (I left this out)

2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley

1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

2 large egg whites, lightly beaten

1 1/2 pounds ground round

Cooking spray


Preheat oven to 350°.


Combine 1/2 cup ketchup, oats, and next 6 ingredients (oats through egg whites) in a large bowl. Add meat; stir just until blended. Shape meat mixture into an 8 x 4-inch loaf on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Brush 1/4 cup ketchup over meat loaf. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.




Shaped


Topped


Baked

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ooh, i've been meaning to try meatloaf again!! (didn't like it as a kid)