Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

More Fried Rice.

I am definitely a creature of habit. If I like something I tend to stick to it. I always order seafood when we go out to eat unless we go to an Italian restaurant, in which I order ravioli or something cheesy. I always order fried rice at Asian restaurants. I love fried rice and can't resist ordering it. It's something I always like and I know that I won't be disappointed in ordering fried rice. I went to Le's Vietnamese Restaurant recently with my friend Edgar. I'll admit that I wasn't brave enough to order something more typical of Vietnamese cuisine because (a) I didn't understand the menu and the descriptions and (b) I was starving and wanted to eat something I knew I'd like. I did, however, try something new when I tried summer rolls. These rolls were a healthy answer to spring rolls. They had a hint of mint, were stuffed with lettuce and shrimp, and were very fresh tasting (I love the crunch of fresh vegetables). The rolls came with a peanut sauce that was a great combination of peanut, soy sauce, and brown sugar.



My fried rice was delicious. At first I was a little apprehensive because it was very light in color (I thought it didn't have enough soy sauce), but it was so flavorful.
The dish was so light and incredibly healthy tasting.



Edgar ordered the chicken curry dish. I tried the chicken and did not like it at all; it had a weird, grainy after taste. I was thankful I stuck to fried rice when I ordered. But Edgar liked his dish and ate it all.




Le's has three locations in Allston, Cambridge, and Chestnut Hill and is definitely worth checking out, especially if you are braver than I am :)

No comments: