Thursday, November 27, 2008

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

It's Turkey Day!

I love this holiday. I love how my apartment gets filled with all the delicious scents of traditional Thanksgiving food. I love how I get to spend the day thinking about everything I should be thankful for, including my husband, dog, family, friends, and life in general. This Thanksgiving has been different from past Thanksgivings because this is the first time I have spent the holiday alone. Well, not completely alone because I have been playing Bond movies all day, but he doesn't really count since he didn't eat any of the food I made. I now have enough leftovers to probably last for the next week which is perfect because I'm sure cooking will be the last thing on my mind while I'm studying for my five tests.

This year I made a turkey breast, cream cheese mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, cornbread (recipe here), cheddar biscuits (recipe here), and the Santa Pie for dessert.

I hope everyone else had a fabulous holiday and got to enjoy the company of their loved ones :)


Baked Turkey: It preferred to be on its side


Definitely done.


Most of the spread.


Single serving.



Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: