Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

TWD: Twofer Pie



Vibi of La Casserole Carree definitely had Thanksgiving on the brain when she chose Dorie's Twofer Pie for us to make this week. I was excited to make this pie because it represented what I thought Thanksgiving was all about: sharing good food. Before making the pie I had reservations because I don't like pumpkin pie and I have never had pecan pie but I had faith in Dorie's ability to come up with a recipe for a good pie. Plus, I had already decided I would be sharing the spirit of Thanksgiving through this pie. I made four mini pies, kept one for myself, and gave away the other three. I tried a slice of my mini pie and while I thought the pie was good, it isn't a pie that I would make just for myself. However, one of the recipients of my pies said it was "glorious." :)

Make sure to check Vibi's blog for the recipe and TWD to see how the other bakers did.





Enjoy!

3 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

What a wonderful gift! Your mini pies look just gorgeous.

pinkstripes said...

Glorious is the perfect word for this pie. I love your minis; they look great!

kimberly salem said...

your mini pies look great! love the shiny tops. have a great thanksgiving!