Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

TWD: Rick Katz’s Brownies for Julia

Before I say anything else, I must tell you that you absolutely have to make these brownies. Wow. At first I was skeptical because it seemed like too many steps and too many dirty dishes. Was I the only one that had to read the directions a few times to figure out what mixed into what? I even read the directions out loud because I just wasn't getting it; I felt like a baking idiot.
Once I figured it all out and got everything baked away I was blown away by the brownies. They were intensely chocolaty and oh so gooey. These brownies are perfect for serving up with some ice cream (and fudge and caramel), which is exactly what I did. Alex's first bite was the first bite every baker/cook wants to see: the closing of the eyes, the savoring of flavors, and the "mmmmmm that's amazing." I couldn't help but to react the same way and be thankful to Tanya of Chocolatechic for her incredible choice.Stop by Tanya's blog for the recipe. I promise you will not regret it. And while you're at it, stop by TWD to read about everyone else's thoughts on this week's selection.

5 comments:

Teanna DiMicco said...

WOAAAAAH SOOOO GOOD! THose look amazing!

Susan said...

Please don't tell anyone I just licked my screen! :D Those are the yummiest brownies I have seen yet!! Maybe the fudge and caramel sauce has a little to do with that, but they look amazing!

Eliana said...

These look absolutely delicious Stephanie.

Christine said...

Wow, these look awesome! I love the design on the ice cream.

Katrina said...

Wow, that's a fabulous looking brownie sundae! Love the pictures of you and the hub and baby, too!