The half marathon also started and ended in Epcot but the course took me out onto the highways, through Magic Kingdom and Cinderella's castle, highways again, and then through Epcot. I was in corral D so I didn't have to wait too long to start running. It was foggy morning and humid again, but the weather was perfect for running for me. I waited in all the lines of the characters the girls' knew and in the lines of the characters that would make for fun stories to tell the girls. I really, really, really enjoyed having this last stress-free run to focus on having fun without all the self-imposed stress of gaining a new personal record. I finished the half in 2:52 and was so thankful my watch didn't die!
What I liked:
- Another running vacation!
- Loved running through the parks and the castle.
- Great characters on the course for pictures.
- Plenty of entertainment on course to distract you from thinking about mileage.
- All the costumes!
- Fireworks at the start line send-off for half marathoners.
What I didn't like:
- The price of the races!
- Having my race entry tied to my fundraising goal.
- Weather was fine for me, but I know others didn't like the heat or humidity.
- Again, not an issue for me, but these races are extremely walker-friendly. Not ideal if you are running for time.
- Long wait times for the other corrals.
- Some of the lines for the characters were too long.
Next Race Recap is this weekend's Michelob Ultra 13.1. This race might solidify my craziness and I hope to survive back-to-back half marathons!
Follow me on Facebook and Instagram!