This race looked like fun and it seemed like a great way to get in the holiday spirit. I didn't have an ugly sweater so I sent my dad on the task of going to thrift stores to find sweaters. There wasn't much by the time he went shopping, but I'm still proud of my surprisingly heavy floral sweater. This race took me a little bit back because we did the race with my girls and the stroller (my girls were with me during my very first 5K). The difference with this race is that my oldest ran/walked most of it! I was so, so proud of that girl. She looked beautiful and strong running the course.
What I Liked:
- Running with my family. My dad is awesome and my Oldest makes me heart swell with pride.
- Fast packet pickup.
- Fun beanie.
- All the sweaters.
- Meeting up with Instagram running friends afterward.
- Course on the lakefront.
- Stroller- and pet-friendly course.
- Free beer!
What I Didn't Like:
- That part of the course that went through mud and gravel? Not fun with a stroller.
- Hot chocolate given out on the course was watery.
- No medal (I know, I know, but I love medals).
Debating whether I want to sign up for a New Year's Day race or not. If not, then my next race is January 11th's Polar Dash. I've ran in 30-degree weather so I'm hoping it's not colder than that because I'm signed up for 15 miles! For more on my running, follow me on Instagram @thecookierunner.