We started the race in the 17th corral but didn't have to wait long as we started running about 20 minutes after the race started at 6:30am. The first third of the race took us through the parts of the city I was familiar with, the second third of the race took us through a part of the city I had yet to explore, and the third part of the race took us through a part of the city and the lakefront I never thought I would run because of how far south the part of the race was.
|With Fireman Rob|
What I liked:
- Great expo and easy packet pickup.
- Finishing half #12 and helping my friend finish half #1.
- Running through downtown Chicago.
- Running through unexplored parts of Chicago.
- Nice race shirts.
- All the GU (I was that girl picking up unopened GUs from the floor).
- Water and Gatorade on the course.
- Music festival and free beer.
- Nice medal (I like the 5K one better though).
- Meeting Instagram friends in person.
- Perfect start time for the weather.
- Free beer!
- Great crowds in the beginning half and end of the race.
- Earning my Remix medal for completing the 5K Saturday and the half Sunday.
- Project Onward Moving Art Museum.
What I didn't like:
- I was expecting more entertainment on the course.
- Mile 11-ish entertainment: they had talent but the music was so slow.
- My Garmin freaked out during the race and says I finished with 14.5 miles done.
You can see all my pictures from my Rock 'n' Roll weekend in my Instagram @thecookierunner