Monday, May 20, 2013

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

A Little Life Update

photo 2-5
Nearly a month ago I posted this recipe for Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies. My intention behind the post was to get back into the groove of blogging. You know what happened after that? Cati got really sick and was hospitalized with pneumonia. To make matters worse, Elina got sick and developed bronchiolitis. Then, I got sick and then everyone got sick again. At one point, the three of us were on antibiotics. The past month has been so stressful because all the colds coincided with the end of the spring semester for me so I had a lot of fun working on my finals while cuddling in a hospital bed with Cati. 2013 is kicking our butts in the health department and I feel like I need a perspective change/adjustment. In the grand scheme of things my girls are healthy. There isn't anything chronic or debilitating, but I still have my moments of "why me?" and "can't we catch a break?" Cati's hospitalization has made me so paranoid of every sniffly nose and cough. My hope is that once school is over (next week!) we'll get a break from all the colds. I want healthy, happy, sleep-through-the-night kids again.

The big news around here is that we'll be moving to Chicago in July 2014!! Alex matched there for fellowship and we are all very excited. Half my family is up there so I am looking forward to reconnecting with them. It's going to be interesting moving up there with the girls and dogs, but we'll make the best of it, especially the cold! So if you are from Chicago, please let me know about things to do and child-friendly places to live in Chicago.

Other than that, things have been moving along steadily. Trying to make the best of everything and trying to enjoy the girls. Hopefully we are done with colds and hospitalizations and surprise expenses for the year. I haven't baked in a long time so please share recipes too!
Stephanie

No comments: