This race reminded me that no two runs are alike and that what's easy one day, might be hard the next day. The best parts of this run were running it with my friend, seeing the girls dance it up at the end, and watching Cati complete another kids dash.
What I liked:
- The theme of the run was fun with green beer and green eggs and ham at the end.
- I've never run in Fort Lauderdale, so I liked the change of scenery.
- Running with my friend and catching up with my Galloway running group.
- Cute medals.
- Nice shirts.
- Bag pipes at the start line.
- Cati running.
What I didn't like:
- Start time of the race was brutal.
- The corral was all funky and people were entering it in the direction you were supposed to run in.
- They didn't announce when the kids races were starting.
- Bartenders were showing priority to those people who had cash even if you went up to the var with your beer ticket.
- Water dyed to the color blue. Yuck.
- Parking was not cheap where I parked.
- Course could have been nicer if we ran down Las Olas instead of the neighborhoods.
Next Race Recap is the Chicago Quarter Marathon done on my birthday, April 5th!