Thursday, July 18, 2013

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Fun & Fit: June

In June I participated in one event: the Twilight 5K. This was a night run through the South Miami neighborhood and I got the entire family to go so they could see Cati participate in her second official run. The difference between running with kids and running alone is huge for me and I finished the race in 30:25. So close to an under-30 finish!
Picture 2

The real highlight was Cati though. Alex was standing with her at the starting line and I was waiting for her at the finish line because we didn't think she would do the run by herself, but she did! She was so proud of herself too. Once she got going, she didn't even look back to see if Alex was running alongside her. My normally reserved child, turns into such a free little bird when she runs. Her excitement about these events really helps to motivate me to keep on running and keep on taking her to different races. And it doesn't hurt that I love the way she looks running and in her running outfit!
IMG_0855


Not a race, but a running event nonetheless was meeting Jeff Galloway at a meet & greet. He's so cool and inspiring and, if it weren't for his run-walk-run method I would not be the runner I am today. If you ever get a chance to hear him talk, I highly encourage you to go. He's really funny and so, so, so nice.
IMG_0985

PS Please don't forget I'm raising money for Give Kids The World and participating in Disney's Glass Slipper Challenge on GKTW's team. All donations are greatly appreciated! For more information visit My Fundraising Page. 
Stephanie

No comments: