Monday, September 30, 2013

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Pumpkin Week: Pumpkin Smoothie


Two posts tonight because this weekend turned out to be busier than I expected so Pumpkin Week day 5 is a little late in the series. Almost all of the recipes I made involved baking so I wanted to try my hand at a smoothie since I have a smoothie each morning for breakfast. I wasn't too sure if I was going to like this recipe because it involved pumpkin puree in pure form and I wasn't sure if I would like the taste or consistency of the smoothie. The smoothie was, however, pretty good. My only complaint is that I wish I had added more spices to it to make it feel more fall-ish. You can still taste the pumpkin but it wasn't overwhelming and it gave the smoothie a very creamy and smooth taste.


Day 1: Pumpkin Bread


Pumpkin Smoothie
Source: Adapted from Low Fat Cooking
Serves 1

1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp Greek vanilla yogurt
1 scoop vanilla protein
1 tbsp honey
Pinch of cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup crushed ice

Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth, making sure the ice is completely crushed.

Sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve and enjoy!

Follow me on Instagram! Instagram

Stephanie

No comments: