This was the first time I have done this particular race, but I was very nervous about it because I have had several friends who have done it in the past and have found it to be a tough race because of the weather (hot, hot, hot). This race was also bittersweet for me because it was my friend's first 10K as part of her training plan for Rock n Roll Chicago and the last race I would be doing with my Miami Galloway family. My goal for this race was to simply to finish and, with the heat, distance, and running partners, I was anticipating a 1:15 finish. We ended up finishing around 1:10.
What I liked:
- The company. I am massively in love with my running friends.
- The course was beautiful and went through Coconut Grove.
- The weather was great.
- My custom graduation cap.
- Nice race shirt.
- Plenty of water on the course.
- Packet pickup before was smooth.
- Running before graduation!
What I didn't like:
- The race didn't start on time.
- Packet pickup morning-of was really slow.
- No medals. Sorry, I love my medals.
- We are all a little confused after the event because we thought we had read somewhere there would be post-race beer. Instead, there was plenty of chocolate milk.
Next race recap will be May 17th's Tour of the Gables 5K. I am contemplating a half marathon trail run. Any advice or tips?