So when she told me she wanted to run a 5K with me before I left and wanted to get a PR, I jumped at the chance of running with and pacing her. We signed up for Tour of the Gables 5K and my friend, who is running Rock n Roll Chicago with me, also joined in on the fun. The morning was gorgeous and I helped both of my friends PR. My running partner PR'd her 5K time by 30 seconds (official time 29:28) and I was just as happy for her as I would have been if this race was a PR for me. The run has truly given me more than I could ever give it.
What I liked:
- Smooth packet pickup.
- Water stations at every mile.
- Race started promptly at 7:30am.
- Beautiful course through Coral Gables.
- The race was walking distance from my house.
- Smaller race and perfect for getting those best times.
- Post race tent with food.
- The company.
- I never thought I would be "fast enough" to pace anyone and, yet, here I am pacing my friends.
- Gorgeous weather.
What I didn't like:
- No medals.
- The race shirts are gigantic. I got a small and that shirt fits Alex better than it fits me.
I don't know what the next race recap will be. There is a trail run and an evening 5K I'm eyeing but I haven't committed to any other races yet. Right now, I am enjoying my Chicago Marathon training and working out with my girls before the Big Move.