Saturday, September 20, 2014

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Edna Mae’s Sour Cream Pancakes

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Not only is it delicious, but it's also a meal that is always quick and easy for me. Since I started working, we've had more breakfast-for-dinner meals and, thankfully, no one is complaining! I saw this recipe for Sour Cream Pancakes on Pioneer Woman's website and knew I had to try it because (1) sour cream and (2) it's Pioneer Woman! The pancakes absolutely did not disappoint as they were soft and buttery. We ate all the pancakes in one sitting (!) because they were that good.

Edna Mae’s Sour Cream Pancakes
Source: Pioneer Woman

1 cup sour cream
7 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 whole large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Butter, for frying and serving
Warm syrup, for serving

In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and vanilla. Set aside.

In a separate small bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.

In a medium bowl, stir together the sour cream with the dry ingredients until just barely combined (don't overmix.) Whisk in the egg mixture until just combined.

Heat a griddle over medium-low heat and melt some butter in the pan. Drop batter by 1/4 cup servings onto the griddle. Cook on the first side until bubbles start to form on the surface and edges are starting to brown. Flip to the other side and cook for another minute. (Pancakes will be a little on the soft side.)

Serve with softened butter and syrup.

Follow me on Pinterest @steppystar to see what's on my baking and cooking To-Do list. Also, give a follow on Facebook and Instagram @thecookierunner!
Stephanie

1 comment:

Mary Beth Jackson said...

You had me at pancakes! and who doesn't love them for dinner? Looks yum! I like the Pioneer woman too!