Monday, February 16, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Burger Heaven

One of my favorite places to go for burgers is The Met Bar because they have a Burger Bar. You can make any kind of burger your heart desires. You can either go with some of their pre-made selections, which are named after cities, or you can choose from their extensive list. The burgers aren't huge, but they aren't small either. They are big enough to leave you satisfied while being small enough so that you don't feel overly stuffed after eating one.

I started the night by ordering root beer. I absolutely love root beer. I especially love it when restaurants serve root beer in bottles. This one had a particularly gummy taste.
I had the Vermont burger because I couldn't resist the thought of having a burger topped with cheddar cheese, bacon, and fried egg. Sure, my cholesterol must have been through the roof after this burger, but it was so worth it. The bacon was extra crispy, the burger was juicy, and the fried egg provided a refreshing change to your regular cheeseburger.
Alex ordered the the Dallas burger. This burger was topped with blue cheese, onion rings, bbq sauce, and bacon. The burger has a heaping amount of bbq sauce and the onions rings are a sweet contrast to the salty bacon.
We shared the Dulce de Leche Banana Pie. This slice of pie must have been a quarter of the whole pie. It was one of the best pie combinations I have ever had. The cream was silky and smooth and the dulce de leche was sweet, salty and thick. I think what I liked the most about this dessert was the crust; it was a thick crust that was still incredibly crunchy.
The Burger Bar is located in Natick Collection. It's first-come, first-serve, so you have to make sure to get there at just the right time.

No comments: