Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Sugar Heaven

I have quite a few baking books. I actually look at them daily because I can see them from where I sit to study. I love flipping through the pages and looking at the pictures. All my books have stickies in them marking the recipes I want to try. I usually have a hard time picking out recipes and I wish I could get through more recipes. Do any of you own these books, and if so, are there any recipes that I must try? Or do any of you want to help me bake through one of these books?

From left to right...
Tartine by Elisabeth Prueitt and Chad Robertson
Pure Chocolate by Fran Bigelow and Helene Siegel
Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey by Jill O'Connor
Williams-Sonoma Desserts
Cookie Craft by Valerie Peterson and Janice Fryer
Desserts by the Yard by Sherry Yard
The Modern Baker by Nick Malgieri
The Essential Baker by Carole Bloom
Williams-Sonoma Ice Cream
Baking: From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan

6 comments:

Elyse said...

I have some of these books, but hey--if you picked a book, I'd be more than happy to bake through a book with you! I find myself getting all of my wonderful baking books and not using them nearly as much as I should. Looks like you have a great collection!!

pinkstripes said...

I have Tartine and of course Dorie's. I would love to bake my way through Tartine. Those recipes look to-die-for and a little more complicated than a regular baking book. I've only made one recipe, the croissants and they were AMAZING.

Jessica said...

The only book that I have is Dorie's but I've heard such great things about Modern Baker. I'd bake along if you decided to bake through a book.

sher said...

I have Modern Baker, Desserts by the Yard, and Dories book...but will follow whatever you choose!

Alexandria said...

Oh, sounds like someone's starting a baking group! Once you select a book, maybe I'll have to buy it and tag along :)

Stephanie said...

Thanks everyone! Hopefully you can bake with me :)