Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Coming Clean

I cannot believe my last post was LAST month. May 31st to be exact. I am seriously slacking. I have a good excuse too...I promise! Moving from Boston to Miami was a good excuse, but the one I have for you now is even better. I mentioned having a big secret in one of my posts and now I can tell everyone what it is. I have been keeping my mouth shut about this secret since the beginning of April and that's all because I was afraid of my dream not becoming a reality. But now that everything is said and done and that our collective debt has officially increased, I can share.

Alex and I bought a house! We are homeowners!

Woo hoo! Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would own a house at my age. The house is gorgeous and exactly what we wanted. The whole home buying process was grueling and my fingers are still hurting from all the crossing I did. Prices on homes may be down in Miami, but the desire for them is not. There were 4 other offers when we submitted ours and there was a back up offer just in case our offer fell through. I was on pins and needles the whole time. Our closing date was pushed back a few days, but nothing significant. We closed yesterday and I couldn't be happier. The house needs a little work and a lot of love and I am so excited about being the one that gets to love the house and really make it our own. This is one of the reasons why I don't have kitchen access and why I haven't been able to post as much. Buying a house is so emotionally involving! I wouldn't have it any other way though. Life couldn't be better. I need to take some better pictures, but for now, here's me sitting on the swing of MY HOUSE(!!!!):

11 comments:

vibi said...

Congrats! ...and good luck for the rest.

#1SAHM said...

congrats on your house! : )

Unknown said...

Congratulations :)

Jen said...

Congrats Steph! That's so exciting!!

Alexandria said...

Yey for being full-fledged adults!

Jackie said...

Congrats!!! Happy decorating. =)

Nichicakes said...

Congratulations!

Lori Ann said...

Congratulations on your first home purchase! Love the swing on the porch - you look soo happy!

Beth said...

Congratulations! Yay for a HOUSE!

Mermaid Sews said...

CONGRATS - we are looking too, and just lost a house we put an offer on (our offer came in 2nd) I am so bummed. This is such a greuling process, ugh. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Katrina said...

Yeah for houses! ;) Sounds like you've got quite the great life going on there. Good luck with all your new adventures!