Thursday, November 26, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Turkey Day & TWD

Happy Turkey Day everyone! Hopefully everyone is either busy in the kitchen cooking up a storm or resting at home while someone else is busy in the kitchen. I had my first of three turkey dinners last night and it reminded me of why Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year. Lots of yummy food centered around a deliciously roasted turkey, all shared with the people who mean the most. Because this first Thanksgiving was with my in-laws and they always make more than enough food and always have more than enough desserts (last night there were 5 choices), I decided to make the last of the TWD sweets today for my mom's Thanksgiving dinner. This sweet was the Chocolate Caramel Chestnut Cake chosen by Katya of Second Dinner. Dorie's recipe, while it sounded good, was a little too involved for me and made use of ingredients (chestnuts, chestnut spread) that weren't readily available. So I simplified things for myself and I switched things up a bit and made nutella cakelets filled with a caramel sauce topped with a thick chocolate ganache. I am very happy with the changes. The cakes came out beautifully and are so unique in flavor due to the nutella, the caramel, and the chocolate. Hopefully they are a hit tonight!
Don't forget to check out Katya's blog. If you are interested in the original recipe for this cake go here.

No comments: