Friday, October 21, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

52 {Books} in 52: Maze Runner

After reading The Hunger Games books I got really into the young adult genre. I like to read all kinds of books, but the young adult ones seem to be the most enjoyable. I picked up Maze Runner by James Dashner because I got an email saying it was similar to The Hunger Games. The book is all about the a maze full of teenage boys and the main character is a teenage named Thomas. All the boys in the maze have no recollection of their life before the maze and, despite the mystery of their surroundings, they have managed to survive and make a living in the maze. Things begin to change after a girl unexpectedly arrives in the maze a day after Thomas arrives. Everything is turned upside down and what was once a semi-safe and predictable surrounding, turns into something that desperately needs to be solved so that lives can be spared.

The book was good but it I felt it had the potential to be so much better. It took me a while to get into the book so I felt like I had trouble even connecting with the characters and the story. This book is a part of a trilogy and the book ends with an opening for the next book but I don't think I'll be reading the next books. I just wasn't captured by the story or intrigued enough to want to follow along in the journey.

 Here's what I've read for my 52 {Books} in 52 challenge:

1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
2. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
3. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
4. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
5. Bad Mother: A Chronicle of Maternal Crimes, Minor Calamities, and Occasional Moments of Grace by Ayelet Waldman
6. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
7. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
8.  Misery Loves Cabernet by Kim Gruenenfelder
9.  The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
10. Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler
11. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
12. Best Day of Someone Else's Life by Kerry Reichs
13. The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson
14. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Steig Larsson
15. Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
16. The Weight of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf
17. Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson
18. Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler
19.  The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
20.  Bossypants by Tina Fey
21. Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
22. Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
23. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John Le Carré
24. The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
25. Maze Runner by James Dashner
Stephanie

1 comment:

Ceska said...

This was a rapid adventure. Those grievers are so viscious and wild. I kept wanting to be in the book as if it was reality. With a gory ending I loved it.