Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

52 {Books} in 52: The Time Traveler's Wife

Here is an example of me having seen a movie before reading the book. A few years back I went to see The Time Traveler's Wife with a group of girlfriends. At the end of the movie I was a sopping mess and I wanted nothing more than to get home to my husband and tell him how much I adored and loved him. Fast-forward to now and I have read Audrey Niffenegger's book. I knew what to expect and I read the entire book with a knot in my stomach just waiting for the ball to drop. I cried with the book too but it wasn't the same as I did with the movie. Ahh, Hollywood magic!

The book is called The Time Traveler's Wife, but it's about so much more than the wife as the story is told from the point of view of both Clare (the wife) and Henry (the time traveler). Time is complex and Niffenegger explores it with finesse; she bends time in every direction but you never feel confused or lost. Past, present, future, and multiple spheres of time push the book forward and at the end you feel like saying "time is a cruel thing" while simultaneously saying "love does not know the bounds of time." The book is a steady read and for those that are willing to entertain the notion of time as variable and free will as questionable.
 the-time-travelers-wife

Here's what I've read for my 52 {Books} in 52 challenge:

1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
2. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
3. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
4. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
5. Bad Mother: A Chronicle of Maternal Crimes, Minor Calamities, and Occasional Moments of Grace by Ayelet Waldman
6. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
7. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Stephanie

No comments: