Monday, July 16, 2012

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Whenever I see an oatmeal recipe I immediately save it. I've become a huge oatmeal fanatic and love how you can easily sneak in something like flax seed into the recipe. That helps me feel less guilty about the amount of sweets I make and eat. This recipe tasted just like an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie but in bar form. I halved the recipe and baked the bars in an 8x8 pan for about 20 minutes.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
Source: What Megan's Cooking

1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups quick-cooking or old fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
Directions:

Preheat the oven to 375.

In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl and beat just until combined. Fold in the oats and chocolate chips.

Spread in a rimmed 10x15 baking pan, using a spatula or your hands to press into place. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool, but cut the bars while they are still somewhat warm, as a knife will go through them more easily.

Stephanie

No comments: