Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Uh Oh....

I suddenly feel very bad for all the cows and chickens out there. I think I feel worse for them than I do for my wallet. I bought a new baking book and the recipes look divine. You know what that means right? I'm going to be going through so much butter and eggs that I'm probably going to wipe the stores out. There will be chickens and cows out there that shudder when they hear someone utter my name.

I went to Borders because I had a coupon for 40% off any item over $20. I love coupons like that! I went to my favorite section with all the cookbooks and plopped myself on the floor. I was immediately attracted to Carole Bloom's "The Essential Baker." It has such a beautiful cover. I flipped through it to see what kind of recipes it had and as soon as I saw Amaretto Almond Layer Cake, I decided to get it. I stopped looking and rushed the to cash register for fear that another crazed baker would come in and snatch the book out of tightly clenched hands. (note: I have an overactive imagination) I'm excited to try the Amaretto cake recipe and all the other ones in here. Just in case you wanted to know, here's what the book looks like:




1 comment:

Gretchen Noelle said...

Cannot wait to see what you bake from this. The cover looks just incredible, what could behind the cover?!