Sunday, August 10, 2008

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Obsession of the Week

Not too long ago someone I know was telling me that the HBO show The Wire was one of the best shows ever made. His proclamation of "best show" was echoed in just about every article I ever read about the show. He made the show sound so good, especially the 4th season and its focus on the juvenile justice system (my particular interest), that I decided I would put all the seasons in my Netflix queue. Well, the man one upped me and offered to lend me all the seasons of the show since he owned them. The first season started off slow but quickly picked up momentum and turned into a riveting chase of cat and mouse. It was easy for me to get immersed in the worlds of McNulty and Barksdale and who can forget that one scene between McNulty and Bunk where all they say is f-you? There were so many times throughout the first season that all I could think was damn, wow, holy crap, and oh sh*t. I can't remember the last time I was this involved and entranced by a TV show. Now I'm even more excited to see what the next 4 season have in store and what other craziness McNulty gets everyone involved in.


No comments: