Monday, May 11, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Slowly Resurfacing

Geeze. I haven't posted anything in 6 days. Finals are kicking my butt, sucking the life out of me, and isolating me from the world. I have calls I need to return, emails I need to reply to, and a world to re-enter. I still have one more test left but I am feeling eerily calm about it. I don't feel as stressed out as I felt a week ago and, although I still have a lot of studying to do, I am not feeling as anxious. My motto the past two weeks has been "I just need to do well enough to pass." Hopefully I will pass all my classes. I don't think I can take another year of first year law classes! Even though the blog has been quiet the past couple of weeks the kitchen has been pretty active. Alex even told me yesterday he was surprised with how much baking I have been doing. I actually thought I had been taking it easy on the mixer but after looking through all the pictures I've taken of stuff I've made, I realize that I have been in the kitchen quite a bit. The first time I walked into the kitchen during my finals time was because Alex requested rice krispies treats. Sure, it's not real baking but it was the first time in over a week that I made something sweet. I love these suckers.


I have quite of few other sweets plus some restaurant reviews to post so the blog should have a surge of activity over the next few days. Then it will probably die down again because Alex's family is coming up this weekend for Alex's graduation and then we are going to spend some time exploring Massachusetts. After that, the moving company is coming and we are driving down to Florida. Busy times for this city eater :)

1 comment:

Eliana said...

Who said making rice krispe treats isn't baking! Speak for yourself ;)