Monday, January 11, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Italian Throwback

Many, many years ago Alex and I stumbled upon this Italian restaurant by his parent's house. We were instantly hooked and I declared their tiramisu the best tiramisu on the planet. We then moved to Boston and forgot all about Rotelli's as we had found Italian gold in Boston's North End. I recently went back to Rotelli's with my sister and was reminded of their deliciousness and their reasonableness. The food was just as good as I remembered it and Alex was jealous that he was stuck at the hospital and not able to join us for lunch.

Lunch started off with some some rolls drenched in garlic and parmesan cheese. These babies were good. So good in fact that you didn't care if no one wanted to talk to you for the next few days. The rolls were warm and soft and everything you could ask for in a garlic roll.
My sister ordered the stuffed shells. The shells were not only over stuffed with ricotta cheese but they were also covered in mozzarella cheese. The pasta shells were just there to hold everything together. The sauce was fresh and real tasting; it didn't taste like something out of jar.
I ordered the stromboli. There were two reasons for me choosing this dish. One was that I liked everything it had it in (parmesan, mozzarella, ham, salami, and pepperoni) and the other was that I knew I'd have leftovers for Alex. This dish is basically a filled loaf of bread. The stromboli was longer than my forearm and hand. I loved making the first cut into it because everything just oozed out.
I can't wait to go back and have some tiramisu. I was too full after this trip to eat dessert and feel bad that I missed out on something I once declared the best. The Rotelli location I've gone to is 12850 SW 120th Street in Miami.

No comments: