Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

POM Iced Coffee

A very, very long time ago POM Wonderful sent me samples of their iced coffee. I was so excited to try this product because I was running on the high you only get from drinking their pomegranate juice. They sent me samples of the Cafe au Lait, Vanilla, and Chocolate iced coffees. They didn't last too long in my house because Alex is a sucker for iced coffees. Every day he asked me if he could drink the coffees and every day he would pout when I said "No, I need to taste them first so I can blog about them." After about a week of this he started to become restless. I don't know why he couldn't just ignore the bottles in the fridge. I even made sure to put them in the back of the fridge, out of sight. I guess out of sight did not mean out of mind for him.

POM Wonderful boasts the healthiness of their beverages, but how do they taste? Read on!

First, I must say that I am not a coffee drinker. I drink coffee maybe once a month so I am no expert on coffee. I can't tell you which coffee is the best and I probably wouldn't be able to taste the difference between brands. So my review of the iced coffees are based on the palette of someone who doesn't drink coffee but who likes sweets.

The first coffee I sampled was the Cafe au Lait. This was my least favorite of the three flavors because the coffee taste was too strong. To me it felt like it lacked sweetness. I don't think this is the right drink to have if you are new to iced coffees; it might turn you off from tasting the other flavors. The second coffee I sampled was Vanilla. This coffee reminded me of the Starbucks Vanilla Frappuccino blend you pick up at the grocery store, but without the strong coffee flavoring. I found this coffee to be refreshing and a great pick-me-up without the bitter coffee after taste.
I somehow managed to save the best for last in my taste testing. The Chocolate iced coffee was by far the most delicious and the drink I would actually buy. It was very chocolaty and it tasted more like a healthy chocolate milk than a chocolate coffee. I drank more of this coffee than I did of the others. I couldn't get enough of it. This is the type of drink that I can see myself drinking on a more regular basis.
A huge thank you to POM Wonderful for sending me samples of the iced coffees. I enjoyed being introduced to more of their products.

No comments: