Saturday, July 23, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Funfetti Waffles

Funfetti Waffles
I have been wanting to make these waffles for the longest time because I love anything and everything funfetti. I would have made them sooner but waffles always seem to be sort of a production in our house. There's always multiple bowls involved, which means all our bowls are involved because as soon as Cati sees one bowl she wants to play with all them. Then I can only make one waffle at a time so our oven gets turned on to "warm" to keep the done waffles warm while I make more waffles. So at the end of the day, I always make pancakes and save the waffles for a special occasion or when I have the time and energy to make them.
 Funfetti Waffles
These waffles were so dense that the syrup really didn't sink in but that doesn't mean they weren't good. Alex described it perfectly when he said the waffles tasted just like waffle ice cream cones so imagine that but softer and thicker. I halved recipe (the one below is the full recipe) using 3 Tbsp of melted butter and I was able to get two waffles.

Funfetti Waffles
Source: Chef Mommy


2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups warm milk
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup sprinkles

In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside. Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature.

In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until blended.

Ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron. Add the sprinkles on top. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Serve with whipped cream and additional sprinkles on top.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

LOVE THIS RECIPE. My little ones are looking over my shoulder and BEGGINIG.

Thank you for this idea!!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

What fun! I never even thought to make funfetti ANYTHING! My daughter would love it! The recipe looks great, tomorrow might be a waffle am :)

Eliana said...

These look so delicious. I think I just found my kitchen project for this weekend.

Lisa Johnson said...

Those are adorable! If I were a kid, I would ask for these all the time!