Monday, July 4, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

This Week in Mommyhood

First of all, Happy 4th of July! I hope you have celebrated today with some deliciously grilled food and are gearing up for some amazing fireworks later on. 
 IMG_4451
What a week! It started off with me not feeling too hot and ended with Cati getting sick. It's one thing for me to feel like crap but a whole different thing to see Cati with a runny nose and congestion. As much as I hate feeling sick, I would rather suffer all the sickness than see Cati uncomfortable in any way.

Here are the other fun developments this past week:

Little Swimmer: Cati started her swim classes this week. Most of the things taught are over her head but the classes are more about getting her familiar with the water. Normally weary of men, Cati actually let the instructor hold her twice! Once while she floated and another time outside of the pool.

Farting Matter
: One of the lessons in swim class is learning how to do bubbles in the water. This was over Cati's head at first but she got it when I told her to do a "peito" (fart) in the water. She knew how to make a fart noise (thanks Abuela!) already so it was all about her connecting the dots. Well, the instructor thought it was hilarious and wanted to share Cati's farting/bubble skills with another lifeguard but after one good demonstration Cati actually farted. It was a loud one too and everyone heard it. Absolutely, hands down, one of the funniest moments ever. Even typing it out sends me into the same fit of giggles as if it just happened.

Hello, Dada?: I don't know when it happened but Cati associates the phone with Alex. She will grab either my phone or her toy phone, put it to her ear, and then say dada. I think she's just so used to me and the fact that when my phone rings, 95% of the time it's Alex and I put him on speakerphone so she can hear him that she thinks all phones are a direct link to Alex. Even more impressive is that this is most likely the beginnings of a phone-related pretend play.

Spontaneous Helper
: Cati finally gets how to be a little helper. Not with everything, but it's progress! In the mornings when I make the bed, she grabs the decorative pillows and puts them on the bed. On a few occasions I've caught her picking up trash and throwing it away in the trash bin. Now if only she'd be so helpful when it comes to picking up her toys!
IMG_4367
Ask and You Shall Receive: Cati is getting really good with answering questions. She understands so much more than she can speak. My favorite question is "what do you want to wear today?" (in Spanish) because she goes straight to the dresser and opens up drawers.

Walking Like a Big Person
: Cati is getting more and more interested in walking up stairs. She climbs them but jumps at the chance to use our hands as support so she can walk up the stairs one foot at a time. It's so cute and funny to watch her do this.

Well, another week has come and gone. I pray we are both back to feeling completely better this week.
Stephanie

1 comment:

Desi said...

Awww I feel like I have missed so much! Sorry I haven't been by as much lately. Cati looks adorable in her 4th of July headband! Go Cati for all of your accomplishments!

I also wanted to let you know about my cookbook giveaway that is going on right now until July 16th. Stop on by to enter! Hope you are having a great week :)

http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-first-giveaway.html