Sunday, March 25, 2012

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

This Week in Mommyhood

I feel great this week. Pumping is going well and I am enjoying motherhood. I hate comparing this time to Cati's time, but that's all I've got to work with. At this point with Cati I was hating motherhood and would spend my days crying with her so it's so refreshing to actually enjoy Elina and feel good about myself. Except for one horrible breakdown two weeks ago, things have been smooth sailing. I hope it continues like this because I am enjoying both girls so much.


Here are the fun developments from this week:

Grow Baby Grow. Elina had her one-month check up this week and she is growing beautifully. She's 21 inches long (up two inches from birth) and 9 pounds, 10.5 ounces (up from birth weight of 7 pounds, 8 ounces). She's a full pound heavier than Cati was at one month and I can't wait to start seeing those rolls. The doctor even joked that we should go into business selling my breastmilk because it makes for big, healthy, and strong babies.
IMG01385-20120321-0902

Roll Baby Roll. Elina started rolling from belly to back this week. My itty bitty baby is getting strong. It took forever for me to get a video of it but when I finally did she broke down; she wasn't happy about rolling over and losing sight of the yummy hand she was sucking on.

Language Explosion. Cati is so impressive when it comes to language. She's at the stage where she repeats everything and I mean everything. My favorite things that she says are Lucky Charms, cereal, and go away (to the dogs).  She's also getting really good at stringing lots of words together and making sentences. I love hearing her Spanish Minnie Mouse voice.
IMG01405-20120322-1254

Nap time. Alex is always saying he wishes Cati would nap with us. Well, this week she did and it was the best feeling ever. I don't know if it's because she napped with us or because she's going through a phase, but she hasn't napped in her crib since. The upside is that she's tired at the end of the day so bedtime moves along faster.
IMG01341-20120309-1327

All Clear. I had my follow-up OB appointment this week and I'm all healed and ready to resume normal activity level. With an active toddler, I haven't exactly been taking things easy but it's nice to know that everything's ok with me. This recovery has been so much better than my c-section recovery.

My baby Elina is five weeks old and my big girl Cati is a wonderfully, active two year old. Here's hoping for another great week in mommyhood.
Stephanie

No comments: