Thursday, January 2, 2014

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

I'm Coming for You 2014!

Happy New Year! Since we found out that we'd be moving to Chicago in July 2014, the year 2014 has seemed so abstract to me. Now that we are in 2014 I feel as if a fire has been lit inside of me and I can't help but plan and dream big. I even chose the word "adventure" as my word for the year and my hope is to treat everything like an adventure. I want to have fun and enjoy this crazy rollercoaster of a life in 2014. Now that it is 2014, I have been emailing schools and places of employment (!!!) in Chicago and we are planning our trip up there to find housing. So many things happening that I feel I might explode with excitement.

2013 was an amazing year. It had its ups and downs like all years, but everything that has happened has made me really appreciate where I am today. I am still striving to be a better parent, person, friend, spouse, and professional. I am striving to be happier, more content, and more graceful in the face of stress. I'm a work in progress and that's ok with me.

2013 was the year where I actually started taking care of myself. Running has been the single biggest change in my life because it has given me that time to myself. I have found a love of something that belongs to me and is for me. Sure, it has benefits that extend to those around me and that I can see taking root in the hearts of my daughters, but running has been my release and my form of freedom. In 2013 I ran a total of 21 races: 6 half marathons, 8 5Ks, 6 mud runs, and 1 duathlon. My legs carried me over 650 miles. I am amazed and in awe of myself.

My running goals for 2014 are 2:00 half marathon time, 12 half marathons, 1014 miles, and the Chicago Marathon. My professional goals are to pass the comprehensive exam, graduate school, pass the licensing exam, and get my first real job. My personal goals are simple: love in the moment, enjoy each minute as the gift that it is, blog more, laugh more, and do something memorable to celebrate turning 30.

2013, you were good to me. I'm sorry we have parted ways, but we had to because 2014 wasn't going to wait. 2014, I'm coming for you to make you the best year yet!


Follow me on Facebook and Instagram! Instagram

Stephanie

No comments: