Monday, May 5, 2008

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Chocolate chip...again??


I love chocolate chip cookies. If I could only bake one thing for the rest of my life I would be content with only making chocolate chip cookies. They are my baking Achilles heal; I succumb to chocolate chip cookies. If I see a recipe for chocolate chip cookies, I have to make it. I am constantly in search of the best chocolate chip cookie. So when I saw this recipe with the shortening (first time baking with shortening!) I bought I had to make it. Alex even made fun of me and said, "Another chocolate chip cookie?" These cookies were good....real good. I actually thought they tasted better the next day. The best part? I have never had a cookie taste so good with milk like this one.

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies

Source: Crisco

3/4 cup (3/4 stick) Crisco shortening
1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
2 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375 degrees

Combine shortening, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat until well blended and then beat egg into creamed mixture.

Combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix into creamed mixture just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 3 inches apart unto ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes for chewy cookies or 11-13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet and then remove to cooling racks.

Isn't it beautiful?


Aren't they lovely?

No comments: