Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Recipe Remix: PB&J French Toast


I came across this blog event on the What's Cooking? board of The Nest and thought it was such a fun thing to do. I was even more excited about the event because it was about breakfast foods and breakfast is my absolute favorite meal of the day. The whole premise of Recipe Remix is to take a recipe we all know and "remix" it in a fun, new, and different way.

After making myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich yesterday for lunch I thought about how cool it would be to make this lunch staple a breakfast item. I went to bed dreaming about how a French Toast-pb&j sandwich combination would taste and I am happy to say that it tasted good! It tasted like your typical French Toast but with a gooey, yummy center. I dusted some powdered sugar on it and while it tasted good without syrup, I poured syrup on it just to see how well it would go with the pb&j filling. Remixing French Toast and combining it with all-time favorite sandwich (pb&j) was an awesome idea and I can't wait to make this again.

PB&J French Toast

Butter for skillet
1 egg
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

2 slices bread
Peanut Butter
Jelly (I used strawberry)


1. Over medium-low heat melt butter in a skillet.
2. Combine egg and vanilla extract and set aside.
3. Prepare pb&j sandwich as you normally would.
4. Dip the pb&j sandwich in the egg mixture and coat both sides.
5. Place on skillet and cook until golden; flip and repeat
6. Enjoy!



Thanks to Robin of Made With Love and Danielle of Make No Little Meals for hosting! If you want more details on Recipe Remix, click here.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I think I'll have to make this for my hubby soon, he loves PB&J and French Toast, I imagine together this would be a little slice of heaven. Thanks so much for your entry!