Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

The Glow Run 5K

IMG_2096
My November fitness event was almost two weeks ago. I have had this post on my to-do list for almost as long. I had come across The Glow Run 5K back in August and thought the whole concept was cool.  Glow necklaces, glow glasses, a 5K run on the beach at night. Doesn't that sound cool? In a way, the race was what I expected and in another way, it wasn't. I knew the run would be in the dark but for some reason I thought there would be more things to "glow" the way. I also didn't expect half the run to be on the beach. Have you ever ran on the beach? It is hard and it is even harder when you can't see the ground! I almost fell a few times but reaching the finish line felt so good. I finished in 35:12. Considering I did close to 7.5 miles with my group that same morning, that time felt really good.

The one thing this race did for me is confirm how not South Beach I am. There's just a certain crowd and atmosphere that makes up South Beach and it's not my scene. As soon as I finished the race I was ready to leave. House music and half naked people dancing on a stage are not my idea of a good time. My idea of a good time was the steak dinner that I had after we left the race.

I'm debating whether or not to do the Turkey Trot next week. Otherwise, my next fitness event is Color Me Rad in Austin on December 8th and possibly my first half marathon on December 29th.
Stephanie

1 comment:

Patti Murillo-Casa said...

Woww!! so proud of you. You did great. I'm training for the half marathon for next Oct 2013. I am NOT so brave as you. LOL Wishing you much luck. You will do GREAT. Have a great Thanksgiving. xo Patti