Saturday, October 31, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Happy Halloween!

I can't believe it's Halloween already. The month of October is over! There are only 2 more months left of 2009. How crazy is that? To celebrate our first Halloween in the new house I decided to make some candy corn cupcakes. I had seen a lot of candy corn cupcakes floating around and I loved the idea. Your taking your basic cupcake recipe and jazzing it up with some food coloring. I used this cupcake and frosting recipe. It was a winner for me in the past and I figured I should stick with it. The cupcakes are delicious and they look adorable.

My advice is to be liberal with the food coloring. Make sure the batter is bright because the color tones down after baking. I thought the batter was too yellow and a perfect orange but after baking, the yellow was perfect and the orange was too light. I bought a ton of candy so I'm hoping a lot of little ones stop by the house. I'm dying to see little kids in costumes. This is something I missed when I lived in Boston. I also can't believe that this time next year I'll have a little one of my own to dress up :)

No comments: