Friday, October 29, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Pork Loin Wrapped in Pancetta

Pancetta Wrapped Pork Loin
I am not a huge pork fan. Ok, I lie. I like pork. I just don't like pork chops. Something about pork chops irks me and, as a result, I forget that I like any kind of pork because I always forget there are other types of pork cuts. Alex wanted to make a pork tenderloin and I pushed for him to make this one. Pork wrapped in pancetta? I don't know if it can get better than that. The pancetta added crispiness and saltiness to the pork loin. 
Pork loin wrapped in pancetta

Tenderloin Wrapped in Pancetta
Source: Weber's Big Book of Grilling
Serves: 4 to 6

For the rub:
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp minced fresh rosemary (we omitted)
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper

2 pork tenderloins, about 1 lb each
1/4 lb thinly sliced pancetta

In a small bowl combine the rub ingredients.

Trim any excess fat and silver skin from the tenderloin and spread rub evenly all over, pressing the spices into the meat. Cut six 12-inch pieces of cotton string, three for each tenderloin. Wrap the tenderloin with the slices of pancetta and secure the pancetta with string. (The tenderloins do not need to be completely covered.) Allow to stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before grilling.

Grill the tenderloins over indirect medium heat (about 350 degrees F) until the centers are barely pink and the internal temperature reaches 155 degrees F, 25-30 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time. Move the tenderloins over direct medium heat for the last 3 minutes if you want to crisp the pancetta. Allow the tenderloins to rest for 3-5 minutes, then snip the strings with scissors and remove them. Cut the tenderloin in thin slices on the bias and serve warm.
Pancetta Wrapped Pork Loin
Stephanie

1 comment:

Babette said...

I believe I would eat anything wrapped in pancetta...this looks particularly fabulous.