Friday, May 13, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

TWD: Brown Sugar Bundt Cake

Brown Sugar Bundt Cake
I am seriously late on this one. I tried to post yesterday but I kept getting an error message. It was weird and frustrating to be blocked out of my blog. Anyway, I made this Brown Sugar Cake and loved it! I made a few adjustments though out of sheer practicality. I quartered the recipe (1 egg, baked for 25 min in a loaf pan), substituted the buttermilk for heavy cream, omitted the fruits, and added chopped pecans and chocolate chips. The resulting cake was exactly like a chocolate chip cookie cake. You really can't go wrong with a cake that tastes like your favorite cookie.

Thanks to Peggy from Pantry Revisited for making this week's selection. Make sure to stop by her blog for the recipe and the TWD site to see how everyone else fared with this cake.
Stephanie

No comments: