Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Cati's Second Birthday

IMG_6527
Back in November I had decided I wanted to do a Sesame Street theme birthday party for Cati. I thought Sesame Street was a good idea because she's really into the characters and knows most of them by heart. That was before I realized Sesame Street was a really popular theme for second birthdays. So I had a challenge: how to make the party Sesame Street themed but unique enough to be just right for Cati. I found a balance between using the traditional Sesame Street sign, the colors of pink and aqua, and a bit of focus on Cati's favorite characters of Abby, Zoe, and Elmo.
IMG_6381
IMG_6370
IMG_6368
IMG_6369

IMG_6399

Again, the incomparable Shelley made this cake:IMG_6374
IMG_6372
IMG_6382
I also didn't want to go overboard with decorations because I was afraid of going into labor. Luckily, that didn't happen and the party happened on Sunday and was a huge success. The biggest hit was the giant bounce house and slide. All the kids loved it and I was so surprised by how much Cati enjoyed it. The girl spent most of her party in there and the only way we got her to stay out of it was by feeding her pizza, cake, or cookies. Which, by the way, the cookie buffet was really popular and I'm amazed Cati didn't turn blue and start saying "mmm crumbly cookie" from all the cookies that she ate. Thank you to Claudia and Raquel for baking along with me!
Slide with daddy
IMG_6434
This is Cati pointing back to the bounce house
IMG_6464

IMG_6520
IMG_6528
As always, events like this remind me of how loved Cati is and how much love and support there is out there for our little family. We really do have the best family and friends.
Stephanie

1 comment:

Desi said...

OMG love that little girl! Love that photo of her pointing to the bouncy house. Look at your cute little family :) Looks like a great party, you done good!