Monday, February 20, 2012

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Sour Cream Bundt Cake

Sour Cream Pound Cake
I was in the mood for a cake; a simple yet delicious cake. I had saved this recipe a while ago and seeing as I had all the ingredients I decided to make it. I normally, cut cake recipes in half but I didn't do that with this Sour Cream Bundt Cake recipe. Thank God I didn't because the cake was sooo good. It was literally all eaten up within two days. Alex even proclaimed this the best bundt cake I have ever made. With words like that, I highly recommend you make it now. 

Sour Cream Bundt Cake
Source: The Cutting Edge of Ordinary

2 stick butter, at room temp (do not substitute)
6 eggs, room temp
8oz sour cream, room temp
3 cups sugar
3 cups flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
½ teaspoon almond extract (optional)

Oven to 350. Grease and flour a tube pan or a bundt pan. Use the second rack from the bottom in your oven.

In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs in one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold the baking soda into the sour cream. Add half of the four and half of the sour cream into the mixer. Beat well. Add in the remaining flour and sour cream and the vanilla and almond extract. Mix well. Pour into pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center tests done. Cool in pan 10 minutes, invert onto rack to cool completely.
Stephanie

No comments: