Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Tiramisu Trifles

IMG_6190
I have been dying to make a dessert-in-a-jar type dessert. They look so pretty and I love anything that's a miniaturized, single serving. I wanted whatever I made to be something different so I picked these Tiramisu Trifles. I actually put a lot more Kahlua than the recipe calls for, but that's the only major change I made. I also made my own chocolate cookies based on this Oreo Cookie recipe because if I was going to something as delicious and divine as tiramisu, I was going to go all out. And let me tell you, this dessert was spot on and tasted just like tiramisu.
IMG_6193

Tiramisu Trifles
Source: My Baking Addiction
Yields: 4 servings (Note: I doubled the recipe and had enough for about 5.3 oz 14 trifles)

For the base
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup ricotta cheese, any style
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon Kahlua (I added about 1/4-1/3 cup Kahlua to the doubled recipe)
1 teaspoon instant espresso granules

In a large bowl, Combine whipping cream and sugar beat until stiff, about four minutes. Transfer whipped cream to a medium bowl and set aside. (Do not clean bowl of food processor.)

Combine cheese, cocoa powder, Kahlua and instant espresso granules in bowl and beat until combined.

Add cheese mixture to bowl with whipped cream; fold in with rubber spatula until no white streaks remain.

For the layering
Whipped Cream: 1 cup heavy cream, whipped with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar until stiff
Chocolate Wafer Cookies: 1/2 cup chocolate cookie crumbs

Trifle Assembly
Spoon Tiramisu base and then layer with whipped cream and cookie crumbs. Top with leftover cookie crumbs or any other topping.
Stephanie

2 comments:

Eliana said...

These look just so delicious. I just want to dunk into them with a BIG spoon!!!!

Desi said...

Wow what gorgeous photography! What kind of camera do you have... a dslr?