Monday, February 13, 2012

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Happy Birthday Love

February is a month full of love for me. Two of the most important people in my life were born this month: Alex on February 12th and Cati on February 14th. Yesterday we celebrated both birthdays with a party for Cati (more on that later) and a small gathering of family and close friends for Alex. I didn't get Alex a gift this year (apparently I bought it for him months ago?) but I wanted to make sure to get him a fun cake. Just because you aren't having a party yourself, doesn't mean you shouldn't have cake! Luckily, my ultra-talented friend Shelley was able to make a special cake for the special man in my life. To say that he loved the cake, is an understatement. He was floored by it! I mean, how could you not be with a cake that looks like this:
IMG_6542
IMG_6541
I knew Shelley would make an amazing cake, I just didn't expect it to be this cool looking. And so, after all the kiddies and extended family went home, we grilled up some burgers, sang "happy birthday," and the love of my life blew out his candle with our daughter. To see these two together, I am reminded of how lucky I am to be so overwhelmingly in love and to have my past, present, and future all tangled up in a mess of hugs and kisses.
IMG_6375
Life just wouldn't be fun or have as much meaning if I had to go through it without Alex. So happy birthday love. Thank you for being born. For loving me enough to not only want to spend the rest of your beautiful life with me but also for loving me enough to want to create new life with me.
Stephanie

1 comment:

Desi said...

Are you kidding me?!?! That is THE best cake I have ever seen. Amazing!