Monday, December 8, 2008

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Buca di Beppo

Before Girl-Alex's wedding we went out to eat at her favorite restaurant, Buca di Beppo. I have heard Alex talk about how great this restaurant is and have always been jealous that I live in Boston so far from that restaurant. Now, I know what you're thinking. Yes, I have easy access to the North End and all these great and authentic Italian restaurants, but I can't resist wanting to go to a restaurant I have heard so much about. So as her last dinner as a single gal we went to Buca di Beppo and sat by the famous soccer bride.

We started with Mango Berry martinis and wow! These suckers were delicious. This is the type of drink that will mess you up because it's so sweet you don't even taste the liquor in it. It seriously tasted like juice.



We ordered some of their cheese bread with their homemade marinara sauce. The bread was crunchy, crispy, and loaded with thin slices of garlic and loads of cheese. So good! The marinara sauce was incredible. It tasted very fresh and was seasoned to perfection.



Next up we ordered calamari. I will admit that these were the best calamari I have ever had. They were spicy and not overwhelmed by the batter. These came with a spicy marinara and I seriously couldn't stop eating them.



Because Alex had warned us about their massive serving sizes we ordered several dishes and shared them. We ordered the Shrimp Fra Diavolo, which was full of huge shrimp. This pasta was supposed to be spicy but we ordered it spice-free. It was incredibly light and full of flavor.



The next dish was the cheese sampler dish. This dish came with ravioli, manicotti, and shells. Truly a cheese lovers dream dish. My favorite were the ravioli because these were the most basic cheese item on the plate.



The last dish was the spaghetti and meatballs. Holy cow. The meatballs were the size of my fists. They were the biggest meatballs I have ever seen and I was so suprised with how well-cooked and juicy the meatballs were.



We didn't make it to dessert because we had way too much food to eat. But we caught a view the dessert platter that the table next to us ordered and it looked amazing. We did, however, get a sweet picture with the soccer bride :)




Congrats again to my very own soccer bride!

No comments: