Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

TWD: Sugar Cookies


Alex was in town this past weekend and I definitely took advantage of having a second eater in the house. I have done a ton of baking and I almost have all my monthly baking done. This is a great feat considering I should have been studying instead of baking. What can I say? My priorities are off. Ulrike of Küchenlatein helped distract me by choosing Grandma's All-Occasion Sugar Cookies. These cookies were delicious! I am still partial to these sugar cookies but Alex thoroughly enjoyed Dorie's sugar cookies. I can't tell if he liked the cookies because they tasted good or because he got a kick out of biting off the fingers of the hand-shaped cookie. Why did I make hand-shaped cookies? Well, it was either hand or feet cookies and I happened to land on the hand at the end of ini-mini-miny-mo. So there you go. Whoever said ini-mini-miny-mo couldn't be used to make decisions as an adult was wrong ;-)

Make sure to check out Ulrike's blog for the recipe and go to the TWD site to see what everyone else did this week with the sugar cookies.





Lots of yummy sugar



7 comments:

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

Look at those hands! So cute.

Megan said...

Love the hands - although it seems a bit cannibalistic to eat one.

Just kidding - they look great with all the sparkly sugar.

kimberly salem said...

hehe! the hands are really cute. it's always hard to concentrate on studying when there is baking to be done ;)

Tammy said...

they are very cute!

Steph said...

AAW, those hands are so cute! I love them. Awesome job!

Teanna DiMicco said...

Hahah hand shaped cookies! I'd totally go for the fingers first, too!

The Food Librarian said...

Giving you a big hand for these! (sorry, that was really bad). They are cute!!!