Saturday, April 7, 2012

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Birthday Nutella Cupcakes

IMG_7021
My birthday was on Thursday and to celebrate I made cupcakes. I wanted to try a new chocolaty recipe and went with this Nutella Cupcake recipe I had marked off a while back. I had high hopes for the recipe because I love Nutella. The cupcakes were good, but they weren't anything out of this world. The Nutella flavoring was there in the cupcakes and I also spread Nutella on the cupcakes for extra goodness, but I think I overbaked the cupcakes or something because the cupcakes were dense and more brownie-like than cupcake-like. Maybe next time I won't be lazy and I'll make the Nutella filling and buttercream like the original recipe did.
 IMG_7035

Nutella Cupcakes
Source: Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
Yields: ~2 dozen cupcakes

2 cups flour
1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup nutella
1/2 cup milk

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with cupcakes liners.

Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.

In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar for 3-5 minutes or until the mixture is pale and thick. Add in the butter and beat until combined. Then, add in the nutella. Add the flour mixture and milk half at a time until well-blended.

Divide batter into the cupcake liners, filling 2/3 full. Bake about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
Stephanie

1 comment:

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

petitchef.com