Thursday, April 5, 2012

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Chocolate Waffles

Chocolate Waffles
I made these waffles after Alex sent me the recipe with the implied message of "please make this for me." I made them and they were so good. Because of the chocolate chips I actually preferred the waffles without syrup, but you honestly can't go wrong with any topping. What I liked the most about this recipe is that there was no separating of eggs! I like waffles but I don't like having to separate the eggs.

Chocolate Waffles
Source: Better Home and Gardens

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup cooking oil or butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla

1. In a medium bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.

2. In another medium bowl beat eggs lightly; stir in milk, oil, and vanilla. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be slightly lumpy).

3. Add batter to a preheated, lightly greased waffle baker according to manufacturer's directions (use a regular or Belgian waffle baker). Close lid quickly; do not open until done. Bake according to manufacturer's directions. When done, use a fork to lift waffle off grid. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve warm.
Stephanie

No comments: