Saturday, April 11, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

A Red Sox Follow Up

I realized I hadn't posted this yet. We went to the Red Sox game on Tuesday and this was the first baseball game I had ever gone to. The whole experience was great, but not what I was expecting. I was scared to see our seats because I didn't know if they'd be good but as soon as we sat down Alex said, "Babe these are awesome seats." You could see everything perfectly and the field was perfectly exposed. Because of all the noise I hear during the games, I was expecting to have my ears blown out by all the noise. But no, it was dead quiet. I didn't even realize the game had started because I was expecting some kind of exciting announcement like "Let's get ready to rumble!" I looked down to the field and saw a Tampa guy batting and was like, "Wait a minute. The game started?" It was so anticlimactic lol. They played music in between innings and when a Red Sox batter came out, but that's it. Even the crowd was quiet. I was so caught off guard with this. I was expecting the atmosphere to be more active. Sure the crowd became active during certain parts of the game, but I was really expecting them to be active 100% of the time. Then, Alex has told me about the 7th inning stretch and, if you can believe it, I didn't take this literally. I thought it was like half-time in other sports, not a 2 minute break for the crowd to get up and stretch. For a 3.5 hour game, it went by quickly. I think I was so enchanted with the whole experience that I didn't even notice the time.

One thing that I thought was cool was how much attention was paid to the Red Sox players. Obviously there will be a lot of attention on the Red Sox players at Fenway Park but I kind of felt bad that the TB people didn't get the same amount of attention. I'm so equitable lol. During the first few innings the big screen displayed the stats of the Red Sox batters and in the later innings the big screen displayed trivia. It was soo cool. There is so many little details about the game and I could go on and on, but I'll stop here and show you some pictures.

Our seats.
Welcome sign.
The view. I watched this throughout the game to see the #s change. Pitching.Jason Varitek. This man is built like Zeus. Jacoby Ellsbury: My baseball boyfriend.I am slightly obsessed. The line up in the later innings.
The Sox almost had it. Three men on base and 2 outs. The crowd went wild at this point. After the batter struck out, Fenway started clearing out.
I thought it was so cool how they cleaned up the field. The big screen at the end of the night.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lucky you! You did have great seats, although for the full Fenway experience I think you have to sit in the bleachers. (I prefer the infield, though.) Such a great Boston experience.

Elyse said...

Glad you had such a great ballgame experience! I love that you're "equitable" and wanted the TB guys to have the same amount of face-time, too. How very fair of you :)

pinkstripes said...

How fun. I've done the Fenway Park tour, twice actually. But I've never been to a game there.