Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies

 Cream Cheese Choc Chip Cookies
Normally, there's no shortage of sugar, flour, eggs, or butter in my house. It's rare for me to run out of one of those ingredients and, more often than not, when I do I've run out of eggs. When this happens I feel pretty restricted in the kitchen, especially when it comes to making desserts. Luckily, I had this egg-free Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe saved. I halved the recipe below and got 22 of the softest and chewiest cookies I have ever had.
Cream Cheese Choc Chip Cookies

Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: Mel's Kitchen Cafe

6 ounces cream cheese, softened
12 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment or silpat liners.

In a large bowl or the bowl of an electric stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese, melted butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix until mostly incorporated by a few dry streaks remain. Add the chocolate chips and mix until combined and no dry streaks remain.

Roll the dough into 1 to 1 1/2-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten each ball slightly with the palm of your hand.

Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes until the edges are just barely golden brown. Let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Stephanie

1 comment:

Christina @ Still Lucky said...

Sounds great! I've noticed egg-free desserts are so soft and creamy.